One thing that this past year of motherhood has taught me is to never say never! As in..."I will NEVER let my child have a cheesy elmo anything. He will play with cool learning toys from vtech and lamaze". Well that all went to He** in a handbasket when Anderson decided he LOVED Elmo. I don't mean he likes him a little bit... He completely lights up at the sight of him whether it be on tv, a toy or furniture. Elmo is his new buddy! When your child has that kind of reaction to something all "rules" go out the window. We now have a Elmo chair that giggles and shakes when you sit in it, as well as an Elmo toothbrush and several Elmo books, DVD's and random other toys. Again...never say never!
I also remember a few years ago when my aunt's boys were small and she bought them a
ball pit. Never...I thought...would I surrender my living room to such a huge toy! Well, if you saw Anderson's birthday party pics...you know that we caved on that one too! Never say Never!!I also thought I would be able to put a couple of wicker baskets of toys in the living room for storage. I would never devote an entire room to one child's play toys...what a waste of space! Ha!! A few weeks ago we bit the bullet and turned a
guest room upstairs into...you guessed it...a playroom. Out went the bedroom suit and in came a comfy couch and a ton of toys...And yes all of those toys are for one child! Never say Never!!
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Never say Never!
Posted by Lindsey Smith at Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment