Thursday, June 11, 2009

10 months

This post is a bit late, but the picture was actually taken on her 10 month day! These pictures are getting harder and harder to take because she won't sit still!! She's so active now!

So sweet baby girl- you are getting so big and learning more and more everyday! People always joke about how time flies with babies...and it is so true. I think particularly with the 2nd one. I try to force myself to slow down and really take it all in because I know you will be talking, walking and all sorts of other big girl things very soon! I try to look forward to all the things we will share in the future, but it is so hard not to think "where did my infant go?". I miss the days of being able to cradle you and snuggle you up to my face. Now you just want down so you can go explore your little world- which is exactly what you should and need to do at this age....but momma is having a hard time letting go. Daddy is even worse if that is possible!

Lydia at 10 months:

**You can now crawl up on your knees, but still do the army crawl a good bit.

** You are starting to pull up and take pride in your ability to stand.

**You won't watch TV, not even Baby Einstein holds your attention. About the only thing that captivates you for any length of time is "Nursery Rhymes" from the ON DEMAND selection from our cable. It has small children singing and dancing to nursery rhymes. You still love music!

**You have loved every second of pool time that we have given you! You are also occasionally taking a bath with Anderson now.

**You love your brother and watch him intently whenever he is in the room. He sometimes snatches a toy from you and when you cry- he cries even harder. He feels so bad afterwards for "hurtin Wydia's fewlins". I hope you always love each other and are good to each other despite all of the childhood arguments you are bound to have!!

**You are fighting sleep again and we are having to institute nap "boot camp" because you were trying to give up your morning nap already!

**You spent your first night away from us with your Gigi this month. Gigi loved it- Daddy and I were lost without you and your brother here...it was so strange for the house to be that quiet!

** Your personality is still cheerful and happy. You truly are a happy little free spirit compared to your uber serious and pensive brother. The two of you could not have more differing personalities!

We love you so much Lydia!!

3 comments:

Joy said...

What a little angel!
Lawson's MeMe

Anonymous said...

Hello Lindsey and Jeff-I found your blog via Our Life! I enjoy reading your blog. I am a SAHM as well so it is interesting to read how other moms manage their busy schedule. Anyway, your daughter is precious! So cute!!! I really like the pic of her sandals in your beach post. Sooo cute!!!

Mizerany Family said...

Too cute Lindsey! My how time flies...