Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Anderson as The Statue of Liberty!

He made this at school and when Jeff brought him home today I saw it on the counter. I put it on his face- not even seeing the torch- and asked him if he was a flower. I got the biggest eye roll to date and he said "No MOM (I'm never Mommy in these instances)- I'm the stautute of wibity!"

Our very own little Lady Liberty
We had a good weekend/holiday, but not a great one! I'm totally jealous of everyone's beach/lake/pool pics! Jeff's firm moved into their brand new office building over the long holiday weekend, and he was in charge of overseeing the actual move so he had to work late a couple of nights and didn't get a long weekend.

On the 4th we had a family wedding to attend. We tried to go to the pool that morning, but Lydia was not having it. She wanted her morning nap and after less than an hour we packed everything up and went home to put her down. My step-sister had a small wedding at my Dad's house that night, and Anderson served as a ring bearer. At the wedding I managed to get this photograph of my grandfather and Lydia that I know I will treasure! The older she gets the more she looks like him to me- especially her mouth/chin.

So here are a few pics of our little firecrackers!!

3 comments:

Justin and Marcie said...

How adorable is Anderson as Lady Liberty!!! So cute! And Lydia is seriously starting to remind me of pics of you when you were a kid. Can't wait to see them and spend time with them this weekend!!!

Joy said...

I have always thought that Lydia looked just like you but I do see a serious resemblance to your Grandfather. I always love when I can see the genes being passed on through my children and grandchildren. It is all about family!
Lawson's MeMe

Unknown said...

Lydia is starting to look more like a toddler, and less as a baby....so sad. She is adorable though!