Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day!

Sunday morning was Valentine's Day and with so much craziness and sickness going on - I hate to say I feel like I dropped the ball a little. I did get the kids two small gifts each, but that was it. I usually like to make heart shaped pancakes and make a card, but it has been a rough stretch lately. I still think Anderson enjoyed his Spiderman coloring book...Spiderman and Batman are his newest obsession. It's all we see, talk about, hear about and watch around here these days. I absolutely love having a boy! He is so cute walking around pretending to "save" me and Lydia! I also got him a set of Walkie talkies, which he LOVED! He has been having trouble coordinating when to push the button and when to let go and when to talk, but I think he finally "got it" yesterday!

Lydia got a sweet little play tutu and a new princess crown. She loves anything girly and frilly, so she really enjoyed her gifts and spent most of the morning twirling! Ha!

We went to church and when I picked her up from the nursery she had a fever. She had been fighting a cough for a couple of days, but never ran a fever, so I didn't worry too much about it. Well when we got home and put her down for her nap, I thought I heard a tiny rattle in her chest. Sure enough when she woke up her fever was even higher, even with a dose of Motrin. Jeff decided to take her to MedCenter, and I stayed home with Anderson. By the time they got to Medcenter and got checked in, her fever was 105.3. Four hours later they had ordered a complete CBC which resulted in 4 nurses and 7 sticks trying to get enough blood for a blood culture, Three swabs-one for strep and two for the flu- They also suspected Pneumonia and ordered a chest x-ray. She was stuck, poked and prodded to the point of tears and complete exhaustion! Jeff- who used to be a combat medic in the Army said watching his baby girl go through all of that was one of the hardest nights of his life. The final diagnosis was Pneumonia in her left lung. We started Antibiotics and she is feeling much better with everyday that passes! Maybe next Valentine's Day will be a little more fun!

3 comments:

Heather, David and Delaney! said...

So cute! Poor thing you have had a rough stretch! I love Lydia's tutu and crown and I can't believe how big they are getting!

Joy said...

Bless your heart. Hope everyone is better soon. We have had quite a week or so with Lawson, also.
Lawson's MeMe

Mizerany Family said...

Glad Lydia is feeling better. Having sick children is so hard.