Friday, February 12, 2010

Well Tuscaloosa shut down the town for a whopping 2-3 inches of snow today. All of the schools closed including the kids pre-schools and forgive me while I have a pity party here- but this Momma is T.I.R.E.D! Between fever viruses, stomach bugs, colds, sinus infections and a 22 day stretch in January where someone in this house had a a 102 degree fever or higher every day- a consistent school schedule has not been in the cards! For the entire month of January the kids only actually attended school on the same day two times for THE. ENTIRE. MONTH!

My photography business, which I thought would be dead for at least a couple of months before Spring portrait season rolled around has inexplicably taken off. I am busier than ever and it is the dead of winter! I am not complaining, but it has been a little challenging without consistent childcare!

Throw in a hours and hours of Mardi Gras Skit practices and a husband who is desperately working late as much as possible to try to catch up on work he missed when we were all sick and you have me- nestled firmly at the end of my rope! HA! I need a trip to somewhere warm- Key West perhaps? So without further delay- enjoy the pictures from my slightly bitterly embraced snow day!



The kids loved watching the snow fall in the trees of our backyard.
Then we decided to venture out! Luckily I just purchased Lydia's Hello Kitty rain/snow boots this week at Target!

Anderson was anticipating snow so deep that he would need a walking stick! HA!




A view of our backyard complete with a tiny little pansy hanging on for dear life! It reminds me of me and my mental state! Ha!

0 comments: