Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Big 2nd Birthday Bash!



We are finally back in the land of the living technology wise, but one casualty was my photo editing software. I was wanting to wait to make this post until I could crop and fool around with some of these pictures, but if I don't post these soon I have a sister in Tampa that is going to kill me! ...And yes that is a LIVE turtle in the picture above. My Aunt DeLane who has to be the ultimate boy mom gave Anderson his very first reptile! "Tuck" the turtle was and is a huge hit. We have to see him at least 10 times a day!! I knew her well enough to know the gift would be alive...I guess I'm just glad it isn't a spider or a snake!














We decided to hold Anderson's party at a local church. Being very pregnant and cleaning my house both before and after a party with tons of kids running around did not sound fun to me! Friday night we loaded up tons of Anderson's toys including his bouncy inflatable house (our gift to him) and headed over to the gym to set up all of the tables, decorations and toys.


Anderson's treat bags were filled with bug embedded bouncie balls, plastic insects, a mini-magnifying glass, "Bug Bites" keebler graham crackers and bug stickers

We went with a "bug" theme since Anderson LOVES bugs. He is all boy! We had bug decorations and a cake for the adults that matched his invitation. However, for the kids I made individual dirt cakes complete with gummy worms in them. It's really just pudding, cool whip and crushed oreos, but the kids enjoyed eating their "dirt".




We also had Ms. Erin come in to entertain the kids with a mini music class. She sang bug related songs like itsy- bitsy spider and allowed the kids to play some of the instruments. She also brought out the bubbles...a big hit!





Some of our guests...family and friends:



My Grandmother, step-mother, Dad and Granddad




My step-dad and Mom


Jeff's mom Judy with DeLane, Miss Susie and my mom


Tracie Manderson, Beth Mann and Mckenna





My cousin Quinn with her girls Avery and Elliott



Super Dads: David Rains, Jeff and Rusty Parker



David and Hartley Richardson with their cool daddy visors!



Lily Parker



Vivian Lang



Jackson Manderson



Me and my sister Marcie



Madeline Thetford

0 comments: