Monday, June 2, 2008

Crazy busy weekend...

Well, I am finally coming up for air after our crazy busy weekend, which led to a crazy busy Monday of catching up on cleaning, laundry, and Anderson duty (since he is out of school this week).

Last Thursday we packed up and headed to Winchester, Tenn. to see Jeff's nephew graduate from high school. Jeff can hardly believe that Ethan is actually 18 now, since his birth seems like just yesterday. Jeff and his family went to the ceremony sparing me the duty of being 8 plus months pregnant and sitting in bleachers for 2 hours. Jeff saw several classmates from his days at Franklin County High that actually had graduating seniors. Jeff always floored them by telling them he had a two year old and one on the way. He got a bit of a late start! Ha! I stayed behind at Jeff's parents house and put Anderson to bed before watching the season finale of LOST...and that show, my friends, is an entirely different post for a different day!

Friday morning we were up bright and early (Anderson never sleeps well away from home) and headed outside at Nana and Pop's for what has affectionately been dubbed "water day". During his last week of school they got out all the baby pools and sprinkler toys for a Water Day. Anderson LOVED it! Now every time we go swimming or play in water he screams "Wata Day" at the top of his lungs. Today while at Target he saw a little girl in a bathing suit with a terry cloth cover up and loudly pronounced..."Mommy go home now...all done...home to have Wata Day!" After wearing him out in the sun and water we packed up the family SUV and headed back home trying to catch his nap time while we were in the car. He did sleep for about 2 hours, but we still had a ways to go when he woke up very unhappy. I can't imagine traveling with two kids soon!

Friday night as we got home I checked messages and had one from a photographer to confirm our appointment for 10:00 am at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens. Fear and terror gripped me as I gripped the phone trying desperately to get someone from the studio on the line. Our appointment was for the following Saturday (because I knew we would be exhausted from our trip to Tenn and the last thing we would want to do is load up the car again the next morning and head to Birmingham.) I am still not sure how they got the appt. mixed up. After leaving several messages at the studio and trying in vain to look up the photographer's home number, I finally realized we had two choices...either suck it up and go assuming that some poor girl would in fact be at the gardens waiting for us the next morning, or not go and hope that they could reschedule us for that next weekend when our actual appointment was. I knew that they were very popular booked well in advance and after much debate decided to go ahead and bust it to get packed up and go anyway. If they had said we don't have anything until July and this baby arrived early there would be no maternity shots!

So battling exhaustion we packed up again to go to Birmingham and have our pictures made. Once there we met the apprentice photographer and it turns out that she was one of my former high school English students. I was reluctant about getting an apprentice, but as soon as I knew who it was, I was fine. I remember her being incredibly creative and very sweet. She hadn't changed a bit except for the fact that she now holds a photography and liberal arts degree from Montevallo. She was wonderful with Anderson, and I hope we got some good shots. I'll post the link when it goes up.

Since we were up there already Mom agreed to keep the monkey so that Jeff could treat me to a whole birthday "day". We shopped at the Summit and had an afternoon ice cream treat. He even treated me to an afternoon movie...Sex and the City! If you know my husband this surprises you! He HATES that show! I remember begging him to watch just one episode one night...BIG MISTAKE. It happened to be the one where Carrie cheated on Aiden with Big and Aiden was all torn up and heartbroken. Jeff just looked at me and went...yeah...great show and rolled his eyes! But since it was "my" day he went along willingly. It was a great movie and he even said he liked it. Of course it was a bit graphic in parts (which didn't really make the movie any better- so I wish they had left those scenes out), but the storyline was good!

That night we had reservations at Hot and Hot Fish Club, one of my favorite gourmet restaurants in Birmingham. They have been featured in Southern Living, Cooking Light and probably some other magazines. We had an excellent dinner, just the two of us. It was my favorite part of my birthday. The food and service was, as always, amazing. It was so much fun to sit across from my sweet husband and talk about our past and our future. We still can hardly believe that we are about to become a family of four.

All in all it was a busy, but fun weekend...but this very pregnant momma is tired! I will add pics to this post later. We are having some computer issues!


Joy said...

Since I have been reading your blog for a good while I was surprised that the 8+ months pregnant statement made me go WOW. You are about to have a baby. Time flies! Courtney and Dave will be attending Dave's 20 year high school reunion (in Indiana) this summer and he will be telling his classmates that he has a one year old also. Sounds like you had a good birthday "day". I can't wait to go with my friends to SATC! Looking forward to seeing the Botanical Garden pictures.
Lawson's Meme