Saturday, July 21, 2007

Don't look if you have a weak stomach!!

It has certainly been an interesting few days at our house. They say bad things come in threes, so when Jeff had a wreck last week and Anderson came down with a horrible stomach bug we should have known something else was going to happen! Well we didn't have to wait long! Anderson LOVES telephones. Jeff found an old landline wall phone in a closet and decided to cut the cords off of it to keep Anderson from strangling himself...can you see where I am going with this?? He grabbed a box cutter and cut the cords along with two of his fingers. I heard him say pretty forcefully "Lindsey you need to come and get the baby". I could tell by his voice that something was wrong. When I rounded the corner I nearly tossed my cookies....there was Jeff holding a very bloody towel.

Jeff was a medic in the army and actually was a pre-med major before deciding to go to law school instead, so he was completely calm. After looking it over though, even he had to admit a trip to the ER was in order. Luckily, I was able to call our trusted neighbor Moira to come and look after Anderson so I could drive Jeff to the hospital. It was Anderson's bedtime and we knew that the ER would not be a quick trip, so I wanted him to stay at home. Moira saved the day and ran right over and off we went. We arrived at the ER around 8:00...after several stitches and a tetnus shot we FINALLY got to go home...at 11:30!!! Jeff has a very high tolerance for pain, so he hardly winced as the cleaned his wound and tried to put him back together again.

Here is a pic of his hand...pretty yucky!! He will most likely lose a chunck of meat and flesh on his forefinger. It was sliced so deep that it is barely hanging on...ICK!!!

0 comments: