Monday, April 7, 2008

The Babymoon...

...that's what they are calling the vacation before the baby these days...we call it SANITY and a great thing for our marriage! :-) Jeff and I decided to take a babymoon before baby number 2 arrives. Originally we planned to go to Vail in January, but when we found out we were pregnant we cancelled that trip...no skiing, no yummy red wine, no hot tubs...basically no fun for me! Then we began planning this trip as a nice little getaway before we have 2 kids and never get to leave the house again! HA! Our anniversary is Wednesday, so this was an early anniversary present to us from us.We left Tuesday afternoon to stay at Mom's and Jeff and I flew out first thing Wednesday morning. We got back to Birmingham around 7:30 on Sunday night. My mom took Anderson for the 5 days we were gone and they had a blast! I knew that they would or else I don't think I could have stayed away for 5 whole days. Knowing that he was going to the zoo, the park, the playground, etc...everyday made me feel a little better about the situation. He loves to stay with Pop and GiGi! We enjoyed our getaway so much! It was so nice to get to spend some serious quality time with each other. We love Anderson to pieces, but having that many meals without having to cut up someones food or beg them to eat and all the other drama that goes along with a toddler was heaven!



We arrived on our first day mid afternoon, so we didn't do a ton that day. We basically hung out around Fisherman's Wharf where our hotel was. We did walk down to the Ghirardelli chocolate factory...all I can say is YUM! I normally don't love sweets but this pregnancy really has me craving them! Obviously Lydia has a sweet tooth! In Ghirardelli Square we happened upon a quaint little bakery called Kara's Cupcakes. I am not kidding when I tell you that is the best cupcake I have EVER had! They were super moist and the icing was so light and creamy it just melted in your mouth. My favorite flavors were carrot cake, Lemon meringue (injected with lemon filling), and the Ghirardelli chocolate one with caramel filling and sea salt sprinkles...YUM! It was so close to our hotel that we went there everyday but one! I am not the only one who thinks they are great. The owner told us that her store is being featured on the Martha Stewart Show later this month!