Thursday, September 25, 2008

Beach Trip




Ok, I am so sorry it has taken me this long to actually post this! Life with two kiddos has me a bit overwhelmed these days. On some days I feel like I have it under control and then on others I feel like I can barely keep my head above laundry...oops I mean water! ;-) I am trying to savor this time, but I have to admit I am looking forward to Lydia being on more of a schedule.



So...last Wednesday after 4 hours of packing (don't judge us! we are just trying to survive!) we left for the beach to meet my Mom, Mike, both of my sisters and their husband/boyfriend, my stepbrother Todd and his wife Susan and Mike's nephew Shawn and his wife Renn. It was a full house...14 people to be exact! Luckily we had a great house. It was three floors with each having its own set of three bedrooms, a living room, a kitchenette and three bathrooms. We were able to spread out nicely! On our way down both of our babies were perfect angels. We only stopped two times and that was really more of us needing to go to the bathroom or get a drink. The lovebugs were everywhere. As we got south of Thomasville they were plastered all over our car. Apparently this is an annual event where they come out to mate and are EVERYWHERE! We were glad to find that out. We thought for a second we were seeing some sort of weird plague! HA!

Once we got down there we really did have a great time with everyone. Anderson was such a live wire, but in a good way. He is like his mommy and loves to be social! He was in heaven with a different person to play with every 5 minutes! We were right on the ocean which was perfect for flying his kite and picking up sea shells. We also had a small pool which was nice for him to play in. I am pretty sure he has been quite bored this week back at our "boring" house with our "boring" schedule.


Of course everyone gave Lydia a ton of attention as well. She was such a good baby the whole time. She barely made a peep. Renn said that neither of her kids were ever that content to just sit and sleep at that age. I know we have been super blessed to have two relatively easy babies. I especially enjoyed dressing Anderson and Lydia in matching jammies...seriously how stinking cute is that?

Overall the weather wasn't great, but the guys all got in a day of golf on Thursday and then the girls headed for the outlets for the day on Friday. Saturday was pretty much spent watching football and eating yummy seafood. Lydia even put her cheerleading outfit on for the game! :-) It was a great time to visit with family!
Here is my web album for more pics. They were so many good ones, but I am out of time and room to post them all!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

sounds like a great time and great pictures you took!!!! I can't wait to go to the beach in 2 weeks!!!!

Mizerany Family said...

Cute photos! Love the photo of Anderson with your sisters.