Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bloggers Unite!

This is such a cool story. There is a young woman, a wife and mother of four, who had a small but loyal following on her blog. Last month she and her husband were involved in a horrible plane crash that nearly killed them both. The outpouring of support (both spiritually and financially) from the blogging community has been so great that the New York Times featured the story here.
Also the Today Show picked it up and had a televised interview about it this morning here.

The article is a little more in depth than the Today interview. It points out how people see little distinction in on-line friends met through blogs and real friends. I can certainly attest to that as I have friendships that I consider very real with mommies I certainly respect and love reading about. Do I really "know" these women...nope I've never met them, but that really doesn't matter! :-) A few examples include my friend Britni out in Texas, or The Viets family all the way over in Scotland (we named our daughter Lydia after seeing their daughter on their blog) or Lawson's Meme, Joy who always leaves such sweet comments. I've never met any of these people, but I love reading their stories and their struggles. I have learned a lot from all of them. Yay for blogs!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Thank you for making me aware of this happening in the blogger community. I still believe that there are a lot of wonderful people in this world and a lot of them must be bloggers.........and WOW, you made my day!
Lawson's MeMe

Mizerany Family said...

I listened to that story on the Today show too...sad yet nice to know there is such a support network out there.