Sunday, September 21, 2008

What a Photograph...

We have just returned from a 5 day trip to the beach with my mom's whole side of the family...all 14 of us. I promise to update lots of pics later, but for right now you all simply must see this photograph. One heck of a storm blew in on Thursday night/ Friday morning. We were even without power for a bit. The next morning Shawn came running down stairs to ask if we had seen the waterspout...so we all (think the Griswalds) ran onto the deck to look out over the ocean. This is what we saw: On this second photo I took put the fill light so you could see the funnel all the way down. Oh and by the way...see that person running on the beach...yeah that would be my little sister Marcie coming in from her run on the beach. We all screamed at her to look behind her, but she never understood what we were saying. When she got in and we all looked at this pic our first thought was....Wow!! Our second thought was Holy Cow...that looks neat and all but when those come on land they call them tornadoes. Scary to be that close to one!!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Wow! that is absolutely amazing - I can't believe you saw it, yet caught it on camera!!!! We're g oing to the beach in 2 1/2 weeks - all 13 of our family (7 children)!!!! Yikes, but I can't wait!

Justin and Marcie said...

ha....griswalds....good analogy :)

Melissa Echols said...

Lindsey! I love your blog! It's so fun! Lydia is adorable! Here is my blog in case you wanted to see what was going on in our "newlywed" life. Keep posting!!
www.hunterandmelissa.blogspot.com