Thursday, August 30, 2007

A true miracle baby!

Some dear friends of mine have recently had what I consider to be a true miracle baby!! I met Tracy Ashley while teaching at Oak Mountain High about 5 years ago. She had just married John that summer. They quickly got pregnant and had a boy named John Ross. Then soon afterwards came Peyton and Bennett. With three boys 4 and under she had quite a handful, but they always dreamed of a big family, so they decided to have one more! Unfortunately, about 20 weeks into the pregnancy Tracy's water broke. She was hospitilzed immediately and told that she would be on hospital bedrest until she delivered. Tracy and John were devestated and scared to death!! Tracy couldn't even sit up in bed to eat. It was a very serious concern that she would go into labor so early that the baby wouldn't survive. When I spoke to her the first time after all of this occured I got off the phone and cried for about 3 hours. I still tear up thinking about those dark says now. For weeks she wouldn't even allow visitors because she was so emotional. I stayed positive when talking to her, but I didn't know how in the world this baby was going to survive with such horrible odds!

I immediately contacted my bible study girls and we came up with a prayer schedule. I had the elders in our church praying for her and our pastor and his wife. Someone prayed for her everyday for the rest of her pregnancy. I don't think I have prayed so hard and so long for anyone or anything in my whole life! Well all of those prayers were answered. Every week that passed with that baby safely tucked inside her was a miracle! She managed to make it to around 30 weeks before delivering their precious child and to top it off...it was a GIRL!! After three boys they were completely shocked!! After 10 weeks of mind numbing bedrest and not getting to be home with her sons Tracy welcomed little Emma Kate into the world! She was almost 4 lbs, which is large for a baby that premature. She spent a little over a month in the NICU, but was a strong baby to begin with. She never needed more than a feeding tube, which for a baby that early is almost unheard of!

Last week they were finally able to take her home and are just overjoyed and thankful for their healthy baby girl! God is so good! Congrats to the Ashley family!

0 comments: