Wednesday, March 5, 2008

18 weeks...almost half way there!


So here is a dreaded pregnancy photo! I never took them with Anderson because I hated the idea of having all of these pictures of myself with a big belly! However, this time I am going to try to take one every few weeks to document this little one's life in the womb. I am feeling better, but the nausea and indigestion are still around but bearable at least. We go next Thursday for our ultrasound and although everyone always thinks of it in terms of finding out the sex, it is actually a full anatomy scan for the baby. I was so nervous with Anderson that something would be wrong that I could barely enjoy finding out he was a boy. Unfortunately, the closer we get to this ultrasound the more I find myself worrying about this little one's health as well.


I had a friend that went in for her ultrasound excited to find out what the sex was and instead found out that her precious little girl had Spina Bifida. They were completely thrown off guard and so upset. That memory has always stayed with me. While I know that we've seen dozens of healthy babies since then...it can happen...and no one thinks it will happen to them. If that is the case for some reason I know that our faith in God would get us through. He doesn't make mistakes, and I take great comfort in that. We will have just what he planned for us, and I know it will be His perfect will. At any rate, please say a few prayers for us between now and then. Pray for a healthy baby and a peace for Jeff and I leading up to that appointment.


On a more positive note, I can not wait to see this baby on the big screen. I will be sure to post pictures of the ultrasounds when I get back!

1 comments:

The James Family said...

I was the same way about worrying when going for the check-ups and ultrasounds. I would get so nervous waiting to hear the heartbeat! I am glad you are feeling somewhat better. I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and I will continue!