Saturday, March 15, 2008

Baby Smith is a....drumroll please....

a baby GIRL!!


We are beyond thrilled that Anderson will have a little sister by August! Our little ladybug was a bit shy during the ultrasound Thursday morning, but she did eventually reveal to us that she is a little girl! All of her measurements, organs and bones looked perfectly healthy. We are so blessed and thankful to be expecting another healthy baby! Our c-section (since it is a repeat) is already scheduled for 8/8/08. Hopefully we will go full term this time!

Her name is Lydia Adelane, and we will call her Lydia. Adelane is my late maternal grandmother's name. She was an incredibly sweet, hard working, christian woman, and I can't imagine a woman that I would want our daughter to turn out more like. We decided a couple of weeks ago to find out the sex...i.e. I totally caved! We didn't tell anyone though so that we could plan a few little surprises...The first one was last night.


After doing a conference call with both of my sisters (one in Nashville and one in Tampa) to tell the babies sex we headed to Birmingham to surprise Mom. We lied to my mom and told her Jeff had an appointment in Birmingham Friday afternoon and that we could meet her and my step-dad for dinner at mine and mom's favorite spot! Surin...yummy Thai food!! My step-brother Todd an his wife Susan also met us for dinner. Since she thought we weren't finding out she really didn't get all that excited about the ultrasound and I didn't remind her that it was Thursday so that she wouldn't get suspicious! We dressed Anderson in a hot pink Polo shirt with his cool jeans and got a bunch of pink balloons that said "It's a girl".



When we got there mom of course met us in the lobby and was so busy bending down to talk to Anderson that she didn't even notice the girlie balloons in my hand. She finally looked up and said something about how cute he was in his pink shirt...then she saw the balloons and gasped...."Really?...it's a girl??...seriously??!" She was sooo excited that she told all of the tables on the way to ours that "we" were having a girl. They probably all thought that she was crazy! I also brought all of the pink little things I had bought already to show her. She was in girl heaven! Some of you may remember with Anderson she showed up to his ultrasound wearing head to toe pink. Having had all girls herself, she was a little shocked that he was a boy...but man...since then...let's just say he has his GiGi seriously wrapped around his finger!!





After we sat down and she caught her breath we gave her a present from the new baby...a picture frame with Lydia's full name printed and in the frame. We had said that we didn't want to tell the name until the birth, but after finding out she was a girl...well let's just say we have many southern women in the family that were going to need to know the letters for all of the monogrammed things they wanted to get for her. She opened it and immediately started to cry. She had no idea that we were planning on naming the baby after Adelane. She was so excited our little angel would be Adelane's namesake. For not knowing anything about the baby, she sure did leave dinner with lots of information! It was quite a night and everyone had so much fun. Anderson loved visiting his Pop, Gigi, Uncle Todd and Aunt Susan.


3 comments:

The James Family said...

I am soooooo excited for you Lindsey!! Girls are so wonderful! You are going to have so much fun dressing her up in pretty dresses and bows! It is just a different world from boys! Boys are great too though :) We need to get together before she gets here, which isn't far away!!

The Banta's said...

Congrats! That is great! I am so happy for you guys! I always love reading your blogs. I do not know where you find the time! Since our sickness has been so similar...maybe I am having a girl too?? I think it is another boy though. I hoping girl since I do not know if I can go through this pregnancy thing again?#@% Take care

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

That is so fun! Congrats on Baby Lydia:)