Friday, July 11, 2008

The nursery...


...is finally done. It is not pink, as I am not really a "pink" kind of girl. Feminine? Yes please, pepto bismol...no thank you. I was going for a lilac and white crisp shabby chic, and I am pleased with the way it all turned out. I pretty much painted everything in the room. The iron piece over the chair was black. The two tin frames were yellow and I repainted the mats in the frames on the wall as well as recovering the hatbox on top of the book shelf. We changed the light fixture to a chandelier and replaced all of the dresser and changing table nobs to crystal ones. It was a lot of work, but I love to just sit in there now. I still can't believe we are having a girl!! The night I finished it Anderson was watching me as he sort of ran in and out. The next morning when he woke up he ran in there as soon as his feet hit the ground and said "Baby Sister?" It was hilarious! It was like- OK it's done...where is she??

All that has to be done is to add her name, birth date, weight, etc...to her birth banner above the changing table and I can't paint that on until after she gets here. Speaking of arrival dates, I have posted a poll to the side of the blog, so vote away!

3 comments:

allison said...

Wow! It looks so beautiful! Such an elegant design! I'm super impressed!!!
-Allison
http://cullatonfamily.com

Lindsey said...

Hi! I'm from pregnancy weekly...just looking at your nursery.
I live in Minnesota now, but i was born and raised in Alabama. I love (and miss) the south! Your nursery is like a little taste of home! It is SO southern and beautiful! I think I'm the only person in MN with a nursery that looks sorta like yours :)
anyway, looks great and hope you have a good last few weeks of pregnancy!
What part of AL do you live in? I'm from Bham and my husband is from Dothan.
-Lindsey
www.williamsonfam.wordpress.com

haydens mommy said...

it is beautiful!!!!!!!!