Sunday, October 21, 2007

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer!

What a weekend! I kicked off the weekend Friday by going to meet my mom to hand over Anderson for the weekend. My mom LOVES having Anderson for more than one day even though we've only let her do it 2 or 3 times in 16 months! I really think Anderson enjoys the change of scenery as well. I am sure he gets bored with me all day every day!! Besides at GiGi's naps are a "maybe" and bedtime is certainly extended. The milk also flows freely! When I called to check on him this morning, mom said he's not really eating that much, but he's had three sippy cups of milk....Hmmmmm, who wants sugar free oatmeal in the land of milk and honey!
Friday night they spent most of their time riding the golf cart around the property and playing with the dogs, Lucy and Libby. Saturday morning they headed out to the Mt. Laurel Fall Festival. A great time was had by Gigi, Pop and our little man. They even honored our request to dress him in his Alabama shirt during game time. When I called from the game to check on him at 2:15 they were still at Mt. Laurel. Nap time is at 1:00...oh well! Sunday was a lazy day. We slept until 9:30 and then headed to church. I picked Anderson up after his afternoon nap around 3:00. Mom also managed to squeak in time to make Anderson's Halloween costume. More on that later!

As for our weekend, it was also great even though we missed our sweet little boy. After dropping Anderson off I met my friend Jennifer for lunch where we actually talked about grown up stuff...not one mention of developmental milestones or the latest Baby Einstein release! Afterwards I did possibly my favorite thing to do...I lost myself in a bookstore. That's right!! I spent 3 entire hours in a bookstore. It was pure bliss!! In my single days I did that quite regularly. I spent many a Sunday afternoon at Barnes and Nobles, but it is hard to make that kind of time with a little one running around! Anyway..Then I drove back to Tuscaloosa and Jeff and I had a date night. We went to Chuck's fish for sushi...Yummy!

Saturday morning we slept in and then headed to campus for the game. I hate 11:30 games because there's no time to hang out on the quad beforehand. So we went a little early...just early enough for a stop by the Stadium House to see our friend Kathryn.
Kathryn reads my blog faithfully every week, so she'll be delighted to have "made the blog"! Then we went into the game just in time to catch the flyover, which by the way...they should really announce way ahead of time. Every time it scares me half to death!! We watched 4 full quarters of Alabama pounding Tennessee. We have a special place in our hearts for UA/ UT match-ups. Jeff is from Phil Fulmer's hometown in Tennessee, but grew up the black sheep in the family as a Tide fan. And if you do the math (remembering that Anderson was nearly 5 weeks early) you can see why Jeff sometimes calls him our little "Rocky Top". We capped off our fun weekend with a big pot of chili and an Auburn loss! What more could you want in a weekend!! Woo Hoo!

0 comments: