Tuesday, October 2, 2007

3 Years ago today....

...I met my sweet husband on a blind date on the corner of University Boulevard in front of Phil's Wings. We had talked on the phone for a week before that, but it was a completely blind meeting! A week earlier than that I was in Tuscaloosa (I lived in Birmingham at that time) for a wedding. I stayed with my Aunt and Uncle that night and the next morning after much prodding on their part I went to Sunday School with them. While in the Sunday School class, Renee, Jeff's former secretary, asked if I was single. I had never met her before and found it quite odd that she was so adamant about setting me up since she knew NOTHING about me! That was definitely a God thing! I decided it couldn't hurt to give my Aunt permission to give her my number to give to this guy! Renee was very determined to make it happen and tracked my aunt down later that week. Thanks Renee! 6 weeks later we were engaged! Yes...you read correctly 6 weeks!! And we thought that was "waiting"! HA!!

We talked on the phone for a week before Jeff asked me to the Ua vs. South Carolina game on Oct 2nd. Normally, I would never have agreed to do that without meeting the guy in person first (afterall that is an all day long date!) but our phone conversations were so much fun I decided to throw caution to the wind! I had never laughed so hard in my life! I could also tell by our conversations that he was a really good guy, so I thought I would give it a try! I walked down the strip with my friend Ashley to meet Jeff and have a drink before the game.

Sometimes when we walk past that spot on the strip, usually on the way to a game, I think about how many "coincidences" had to occur for us to meet. I had to go to the wedding in t-town, go to a sunday school class for married couples that I never went to before, Renee had to be there and see me and think of Jeff. Jeff also had been talking to another girl that lived in Birmingham and suddenly decided that he wanted to meet me first before asking her out...he later called her after our first date to tell her he had met someone and politely bowed out of a planned date. We both had to agree to the set up which was quite a stretch. We had both sworn off blind dates at that point! I look back on it now and see God's fingerprints all over it, and I am so thankful!

I love you Jeff and I wouldn't want to live this crazy life of mine with anyone but you! I couldn't ask for a more compassionate husband or a more involved father for Anderson. You are light to everyone that has the pleasure of crossing your path. You have made me a better person and a better Christian. Your influence on my life is immeasurable, and I am so glad we both took that crazy chance...and that none of our friends or families held an intervention or thought we had completely lost our minds!! ha!! I love you like a fat kid loves cake!! Muah!!!


0 comments: