Monday, May 5, 2008

A few of my favorite things...




I couldn't resist posting some pictures of some of the beautiful gifts we received for Lydia at her "sprinkle" yesterday. You know this sweet baby isn't going to run out of things to wear when you have to take two pictures to get in all the gifts from the shower! Scroll down one more post to see pictures from the party.

My grandmother handmade this gorgeous pink blanket. It is so soft and will be a family heirloom for sure! It's hard to see, but it is a very intricate design.


Jeff was so thoughtful. He and Anderson totally surprised me and got Lydia this adorable outfit for next fall. He snuck it in with the other gifts at the shower. Check out the elephant...she is wearing red high heels! I love it!!


So sweet...a personalized silver bracelet from my grandmother's sister. It's her first piece of jewelry



Several newborn gowns for the hospital and few weeks afterwards. They are all so soft!


These outfits are from my friend Kim and I LOVE them because they are sort of vintage looking...so cute!



Adorable big brother little sister outfits from my friend Jennifer



A good southern girl starts out with lots of monogrammed items! :-) I especially loved the personalized diaper bag from Jeff's mom, the lime green pillowcase dress and of course the leopard print monogrammed onesie!


A video monitor from my mom!


Jeff's granny Dot who passed away a few years ago made this porcelain doll and painted it as well as sewing the entire gown and bonnet. She was a very talented artist and Jeff was so happy that his mom saved this doll for him for all these years in case he ever had a daughter. I can't wait to display it in Lydia's nursery!

1 comments:

The James Family said...

What a beautiful shower and such wonderful gifts. Aren't little girl things great!! I am so happy for you!