Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas from our home to yours...

...and no I am not dead, and I am not going to quit blogging, even though I am certain it appears that way since my last post involves Halloween! My photography business really picked up this fall, and I just couldn't quite keep all the balls in the air! However after 40 sessions in the last six to eight weeks...yes, you read that correctly...FORTY- I am finally all caught up and life is getting back to normal. That many session plus two children who are not in full time daycare was almost the death of me, but I survived and was thankful for the business! I will be postdating events from the last two months and I'm not sure how that works with google reader- so you might want to actually click to see the blog every once in a while to see if it is not showing updates since the dates aren't in order. It's good to e back- I hope there are more than two of you out there still reading this! Feel free to comment-maybe it will motivate me to get on this long list of things I need to blog about! HA!

So now without further delay please enjoy our Christmas decorations...


I even managed to get a shot of "Jingles" our elf on the shelf. He visits us every night from the North Pole. Anderson loves searching for him every morning. Sometimes he is naughty and makes messes, but sometimes he brings Krispy Kreme for breakfast! Yum!






I love getting Christmas cards from all of our wonderful friends and families! You can see them in the doorways here. We've received about 60 so far. I could just browse and look at them all the time, but as you know, pictures are kinda my thing after all! This year since I did several of the cards myself it was quite a treat to see how parents put my images together on their family card. Some of them are too creative!! I may have to make that another post!


Jeff's grandmother made this nativity scene of hand pured porcelain, fired it herself and then hand painted it when she was well in to her seventies. She passed away about 10 years ago, so this is a special family heirloom for us.




I love this tea towel that Anderson made on his very first Christmas...look at those tiny fingers and toes!



I have finally framed Lydia's one year portrait in our dining room to match Anderson's. It only took me nearly six months! Oh well better late than never!
I also framed some shots from the session in other spots around the house...




4 comments:

Jessica Bradford Odom said...

Gorgeous! You're home looks like pages from a magazine!

Heather, David and Delaney! said...

I love the decorations they look great! Hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas!

John and Elizabeth Fowler said...

Right out of Better Homes and Garden... absolutely gorgeous! Have a wonderful New Year...miss you guys!

Rachel said...

Your tree is gorgeous!! Love all the framed pictures... we have ONE picture of Claire in our house and I didn't even take it! I can't believe you did 40 sessions!! Wow!! You go! Take some time off, my friend!