Thursday, October 9, 2008

2 Months


Ok, this post is a little late- but for the sake of having this actually written somewhere here we go!

Lydia's 2 Month Stats:
11 pounds 12 ounces
22 1/4 inches long
For the sake of recording it all...
She is smiling and cooing up a storm now. In fact, today I actually watched her laugh and smile at Anderson for the first time. She was watching him laugh at me and she just looked over at him and squealed and smiled the biggest smile. It was adorable!
She is a very easy baby. We can't believe our luck having had two super easy babies now. She is totally content to be taken around town on errands or sit at home while I try my best to entertain her brother. I went to the bakery the other day to pick up Jeff's birthday cake and I wish I had brought my camera. All 4 of the Publix bakery workers were out from behind the counter oohing and ahhing over her. She was just eating it up smiling and cooing at them all. To say that we think she is a beautiful baby on the inside and out is the understatement of the century!
She loves being in the swing or in the Baby Bjorn. The play mat isn't a big hit yet and we have yet to bring out the Bumbo seat...maybe this weekend. She began sleeping through the night regularly at the eighth week and that has made us both feel human again! She is sleeping in her room, but I am still terrified of SIDS and for whatever irrational reason I feel like she is less prone to it sitting up in her swing. So that is where she sleeps on most nights, but I am slowly getting more comfortable with her sleeping in her crib since she has been napping in there for a while now.
She had been on prilosec for reflux, but I have slowly been weaning her off that to see if she still has reflux or has grown out of it. She seems to be doing fine with only one dose right now a day, so maybe next week we will try to eliminate it completely. I am still nursing almost exclusively. Sometimes a whole week goes by without her getting any formula. This is a time I adore spending with here. I am so grateful to be doing it longer this time around.
Anderson continues to love on his "baby sister". He often says "I wike her momma...she's ca-ute" or "she's Swwweeeeetttt". Every word has about 10 syllables with his thick southern accent. He almost always asks to see her right when he wakes up and usually wants to giver a kiss before he goes down for a nap or bedtime at night. One night we were riding in the car and I think he was a little scared because we were on a backroad and it was super dark. He kept saying..."Baby sister, it's Ok don't be scared. It's just dark. There's nothing scary out there." It was so cute. I think he was trying to convince himself more than anything, but it was sweet that he was being protective of her.

I am still adjusting to having two kids and for the most part it hasn't been too bad, but every now and again I look up and think I haven't showered yet and it's 4:00 or I will be sitting down to eat lunch at 2:00..then it hits me. This is a hard time and a lot of work. It is certainly worthwhile work, but tough nonetheless. I am just trying to remember that they will only be this young for a short time and not let it pass me by in the busy-ness that is life most of the time.

1 comments:

John and Elizabeth Fowler said...

sounds like you are doing a great job ...who needs a shower or to eat lunch everyday anyways ;) i am so happy to hear lydia is thriving and growing into a fun, strong little girl.