Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Patch


I love the series of photos above...he was picking up the pumpkin and so proud of himself, until he dropped it backwards which is why the look on his face in the third picture is priceless...oops...slippery little suckers!


Last Sunday we headed to Old Baker Farm with the kids and had a great time. It is a bit of a drive all the way to Harpersville, but it is worth it with all of the activities and crafts and food that they have there! I was away Friday and Saturday at Recreate...the 2008 Women's Conference for our church (which was amazing!). I was really not OK with leaving Lydia overnight yet, even if it was with Jeff. I talked myself into doing it anyway though and then after a full blown panic attack (no kidding) I called Jeff that night at about 1:30 am thinking that if he could just assure me everything was fine that I could sleep and be fine. Well, Jeff didn't have a cordless phone in the bedroom that night and never heard the phone ring. After about 30 minutes of calling I became convinced something was wrong and was fully dressed and at 2:30 am I drove from Birmingham to Tuscaloosa. CRAZY!! I just couldn't calm down after not being able to reach him and I knew I would not sleep until I knew everything was alright. So then I get home and realize that I don't have a door key b/c I always go in through the garage. Well that night Jeff happened to lock that door. So then I kept calling and banging on the door and ringing the doorbell. No joke- it took 15 minutes for him to hear it and get to the door. I was about 5 seconds from calling 911 because I just knew he had had a heart attack or something.


I finally went to sleep at about 4:00 am after seeing with my own eyes two sleeping babies. The next morning I slept until a little after 8:00 am and headed back to Birmingham to finish the conference. To say I was pumping myself full of caffeine is an understatement!! So Sunday I was still a little tired but off to the Punkin (as Anderson says) Patch we went. And as you can see from the pics...a great time was had by all!
Look at my little daredevil climbing the haystacks...I thought he would go up to the first level...except he kept going and going and going all the way to the top nearly giving mommy heart attack!!

See how tall it is!!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

looks like a fun time - hilarious about you driving all the way back and THEN having to stand outside for 15 minutes!!!!

Justin and Marcie said...

I mean, next time.....leave a note....so that I DO NOT HAVE A HEARTATTACK when I check on you at 5am and you're not there!!!

Leigh Collins said...

So adorable! I wanted to take the girls to one this year, but we just didn't find the time! Will you remind me next year? This one looks like so much fun and worth the drive!

Mizerany Family said...

Sounds like an adventure of a weekend!