Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rolling Over!



I got quite the surprise this afternoon. I was playing with Lydia a little on her playmat, which sadly enough we really hadn't done too much with until yesterday. Then she decided to roll over!

A couple of weeks ago I noticed her trying to turn to her left while in her bouncy seat. I told Jeff she was so strong and determined that I thought she would roll over soon. He thought that sounded way early and then I kind of forgot about it. Well today she was on her playmat and Anderson woke up from his nap, so I left her on it and went upstairs to get him. When I came back down she was on her tummy. I did a double take and thought...wait a minute...when I left you were on your back! I still wasn't sure so I put her back on her back to see if she would do it again...sure enough over she went. She proceeded to do it again about 6 times just to prove to her doubtful momma that she did indeed do it!

Anderson did that on Nov. 8th 2006 ( I know the exact date because we caught it on video as well). He was 4 1/2 months old. Lydia is only 10 weeks!! Crazy! I looked it up and everything I could find said the average is between 4 and 6 months.

Lydia is really stumping me on her little personality. She is so easy going, yet kind of a ham when I try to get her to smile. You can just see that she has this sort of mischievious little gleam in her eye when she gives a big gummy grin! However usually little "hams" can tend to be sort of high drama even as babies, but Lydia is really very laid back -which was Anderson's personality at that age as well. Another paradox- she is so dainty in her features and demeanor, yet she is ridiculously strong! She was holding her head up the day she was born. It wasn't even wobbly- it was as if she was saying- "Yeah, I can do this...so?" After this rolling over incident I am also seeing a streak of determination. I can hardly wait to see what else about her personality she will reveal to us in the coming weeks and months!

2 comments:

John and Elizabeth Fowler said...

that is so awesome...yeah lydia!!

Mizerany Family said...

Wow, that is impressive! Go Lydia!