Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Jeff!

My sweet husband - and baby daddy- celebrated his 42nd birthday today! I know some of you are shocked to learn his age. He really has a bit of a baby face and certainly doesn't look 40 something to me!

I planned a surprise dinner for him with some of his guy friends at Mugshots, a fantastic burger joint downtown. I picked him up from work with a yummy chocolate and cream cheese birthday cake and dropped him off there. He kept saying "But aren't you coming too?" I said nope...tonight is a time for you to enjoy being a guy without the wifey and the kids...he looked at me like I was crazy, but I think he really did have fun catching up with friends that he doesn't get to spend all that much time with between family and work responsibilities.
Then today- his actual birthday- We all sang "Happy Birthday" to him and gave him his handmade card from the kids. Lydia and I picked him up and took him to lunch at Dreamland...another "guy" place! He got a snazzy Alabama pullover and I bought us tickets to attend Dave Ramsey Live this Saturday in Birmingham. I even arranged for childcare. We have been wanting to get on this program for a while, but now with two kids and me staying home, not to mention this crappy economy- we really need a plan! I knew he would love the idea of Me asking to be put on a budget! HA!

We popped over to Niles and Pat Graham's home after our lunch since they hadn't seen Lydia yet. They are like Jeff's second parents. He lived next door to them back in our old house in Northport and they just LOVE him! I remember when I first met them after Jeff and I had gone out like three times...she pulled me aside and said "Honey, you better hold on to him with all you got- they don't make em like that anymore". I believed her then and I still do. I'm glad I took her advice! :-)
Happy Birthday Jeff! I LOVE you so much and so do our kids!

3 comments:

Justin and Marcie said...

Ha ha! You called him a baby daddy :)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!

Dreamland is a must for Garrett and my Dad every time we come home - it has become tradition.

I have always wanted to see Dave Ramsey.. You will have to tell me how it went!

John and Elizabeth Fowler said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday Jeff! Hopefully we will see you guys this Saturday as we are attending the conference as well (we have no childcare so Karrigan will be with us). Have a great day!