Monday, February 4, 2008

I've been tagged...

My blog was tagged by Julie, so in an effort to be a good sport here you go...

Here are the rules. 1) Link to the person that tagged you. 2) Post the rules on your blog. 3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. 4) Tag six people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs (although you will see I tagged you three because I don't know that many people that blog)...Courtney, you shouldn't have any problems! 5) Let them know they've been tagged as well.

1. My left foot was cut off by a lawnmower...pretty gross, huh? Sad, but true! I was 4 and visiting my grandparent's house when I slipped and fell underneath a riding lawnmower. I was a good 30-40 minutes from a hospital and am lucky that I didn't bleed to death! LoL! Seriously though...thinking of that happening to Anderson gives me a whole new respect for my parents! They were able to reconstruct it pretty well and I went on to play sports and cheer, so it didn't keep me down for too long. Now as a result I wear two different size shoes...EXPENSIVE!

2. I only dated my husband for 6 weeks before we got engaged after meeting on a blind date. It really is a love at first sight story. We married only 6 months later. I am surprised our families and friends didn't stage an intervention! My mom met him literally the night that he came to Birmingham to look at rings. Blows my mind now...but still is by far the best thing I ever did!

3. Sort of related to number 2...My wedding was a complete surprise to our guests and families. We told everyone we were getting married in Hawaii on April 23rd by ourselves. We wanted to have a party on April 2nd though as sort of a reception with band, drinks, food, etc... After people arrived for the party Jeff went outside in the courtyard to toast and informed our guests that we were getting married that night and leaving for Hawaii the next day. The gasp from the crowd was priceless! No one knew except the preacher, the photographer and Jeff's secretary. We had snuck our wedding gown and tux and a wedding cake in without anyone knowing! We went upstairs to change while programs were passed out and then married in a candle-lit ceremony in the courtyard with all of our family and friends crowded around us. We then partied the night away with all of our shocked guests!

4. I was actually detained by police while in high school...now granted I was never arrested or taken onto the station, but my parents didn't seem to appreciate that small difference! I along with about 20 or so other geeks were in a program called American Studies that was sort of a gifted program for juniors. We bussed off campus to a historical building downtown for half of our day where we studied Science, History and English. At the start of our Senior year we decided the night before school started we would "roll" (with toilet paper) our American Studies buliding...except we were not career criminals and barely let it get dark before we started. 10 minutes later there were so many cop cars it looked like a drug bust! Some people ran and got away...but not me...too chicken!

5. I chaperoned a group of high school students on a 10 day trip to Europe at the ripe old age of 23! We went to England and France. I harped on the kids all the time about keeping their passport on them at all times...guess who didn't have her passport with her at the French border?? Yep...me! I had accidently packed it in my suitcase which was bussed to our hotel ahead of us and therefore not accesible. I had to send all of the kids with the other chaperone on to the hotel, wait for one of them to get it out of my luggage and then bring it back to me. Nothing like a nice serving of humble pie! I never lived it down with that set of kids!

6. Let's see...this is a good one considering my pregnant state at the moment...My parents thought I was a boy and had named me Christopher...except I was a girl. I was then named Lindsey after the ever popular 70's actress Lindsey Wagner a la Bionic Woman...very creative mom and dad...thanks for that! :-)

and I don't know anyone that Julie didn't already tag. Sorry!! All of you people that read my blog need to get your own so I won't be such a loser without anyone to tag!!

1 comments:

Mizerany Family said...

Thanks for being a good sport!