Sunday, February 17, 2008

Seriously....you just can't make this stuff up!

Well it seems I got a little carried away last night as I waxed poetic about the love of rough and tumble boys and how I had embraced it.

This morning Jeff went to get Anderson out of his crib and brought him in our room (I was still in bed). He gave me this bright goofy smile and made his usual request with arms stretched upward.... "UP!!! ". I pulled him into bed with me for a little snuggle time....and then...he broke my nose. No, I am not kidding! He jumped with his hard noggin right square into my face. My vision went black and then the pain started. Jeff who was right beside the bed says he actually heard the bone crack. OUCH!! Of course I screamed and Anderson started crying because he knew he had hurt me and poor Jeff was like Oh my....I heard it!

So now after 3 weeks with a family of three having the flu and little Anderson suffering through Roseola...mommy now has a blackened and broken nose....like I said...you can't make this stuff up. Welcome to our crazy life!

I am off to the ENT tomorrow. I refuse to go to a doc in the box or the ER and get the flu AGAIN! I doubt they can even x-ray it or anything since I am pregnant. I have needed sinus surgery for a deviated septum for years, and now I guess if this leaves a cosmetic problem I'll kill two birds with one stone after the baby arrives!

3 comments:

Mizerany Family said...

Oh Lindsey, I feel for you. I can't believe it, and hope that all goes well at the ENT!

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

Oh my! I hope you are Ok. Again, that is SOOOO something that would happen to me. Feel better and keep me posted on the appt.

(I almost wet my pants at the "doc in a box" comment:)

The James Family said...

I am so sorry this has happened to you! I will be thinking about you!